There are few constants in life: death, taxes, and new Sims content.
After a series of pretty cryptic and slightly terrifying tweets by Maxis staff members, we’ve learned that the upcoming addition to The Sims 4 is something called StrangerVille.
StrangerVille is a “game pack,” which means it’s not a full expansion pack like December’s Get Famous or a stuff pack like Laundry Day. Game packs focus on new experience thematic content, such as The Sims 4: Vampires and The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure. StrangerVille, however, is notably more story-driven than the other game packs, and will feature event-driven mysteries revolving around a storyline.
Like most game packs, StrangerVille will introduce new outfits, including lab coats, bomber jackets, and prairie-themed dresses. The town of StrangerVille will have new locations for your Sims to check out (and possibly a teleportation machine?). Tying it all together are the clues and puzzles to help solve the big mystery of StrangerVille.
Those familiar with the Sims franchise might recognize StrangerVille as a callback to The Sims 2’s Strangetown. Originally featured in The Sims 2 main game, the neighborhood of Strangetown had an Area 51 feel to it, featuring multiple alien families, a mad scientist, and a black widow who canonically WooHoo’d the Grim Reaper.
Strangetown was also the featured neighborhood in a lot of The Sims 2 handheld games, particularly The Sims 2 for PSP, which had an overarching storyline full of wacky cults, alien abductions, and secret military bases. StrangerVille, it seems, will keep the spirit of The Sims 2 PSP.
The Sims 4: StrangerVille will be available on Feb. 26 for Mac and Windows PC. A tie-in comic is available on the EA website.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’