The 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC isn’t going to make it beyond this generation, so to celebrate its 23 years with us, it’s returning to its yellow-painted roots and getting a special Final Edition.
The Dying Sports Car Market Has Killed The Mercedes-Benz SLC: Report
Here is a picture of a Mercedes-AMG SLC43 bathed in the golden light of the setting sun because I…
Read more Read
Mercedes confirmed to Jalopnik today that there is no direct successor to the R172 SLC-Class currently planned. Sad.
It shouldn’t be too surprising that the SLC is dying, though. Its bigger sibling, the SL, is likely getting a replacement based on the next-gen AMG GT setup, so there’s already a hotter roadster in the house. On top of that, you can also still get a C-Class Cabriolet.
Maybe the dying sports car market killed off the SLC. Maybe Mercedes just had too many convertible sports cars. Probably all of the above.
Either way, we’ve got at least another model year with the SLC. To celebrate, the 2020 SLC will be available as a Final Edition on both the SLC 300 and AMG SLC43.
The SLC 300 Final Edition is based on the AMG Line trim and include AMG styled bumpers, lowered suspension tuning, two-tone leather interior, neck warmers in the heated seats, five-spoke 18-inch wheels, and bigger brakes.
Unfortunately the SLC 300 Final Edition gets a Selenite Gray color, as the special paint color called “Sun Yellow,” which is a nod to the “Yellowstone” color on the original SLK roadster back in 1996, only comes on the AMG SLC43. As yellow cars are good, this is good.
The AMG SLC43 Final Edition gets a similar two-tone leather interior with neck heaters and heated seats, an AMG performance steering wheel, the full AMG body kit and 18-inch matte black AMG wheels.
It’s too bad the car isn’t sticking around, especially considering BMW is giving the Z4 another go. I would not be surprised if Mercedes panics in the next couple of years and finds away to bring the baby SL back in some form.
Even if it never returns, at least we’ll have a few more yellow cars on the road.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’