Elon Musk, “pedo guy.”
While the CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring Company has decidedly not been accused of anything that would merit the rather distasteful moniker, Musk did just win a defamation trial about his calling someone else a “pedo guy” on Twitter. And, in celebration of that fact, the internet is returning the favor.
Immediately following the ruling, “fans” of Mr. Musk shared in his joyous victory by calling the CEO a “pedo guy” on Twitter.
And while fandom is a truly beautiful thing, this may not be exactly what Musk had in mind when he sent the now-deleted tweet back in July of 2018.
Although Musk did officially win the case — avoiding Unsworth’s attorney’s requested $190 million in damages — it did leave him in an awkward spot. After all, he’s now the poster child for calling people “pedo guy” on Twitter.
But, hey, as a Twitter-insult evangelist, we can’t imagine Musk will mind all that much.
- Another shield, a safer Internet for minors – OneNewsNow
- What’s the future of the internet — and society? – Technical.ly
- Astranis raises $90 million for its next-gen satellite broadband internet service – TechCrunch
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ proves the internet wrong – Houston Chronicle
- Gov. Mills: high-speed internet is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity – Knox VillageSoup – Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald
- New Report Finds Internet Users Overwhelmed by Identity Theft Worries – Yahoo Finance
- Never Mind the Internet. Here’s What’s Killing Malls. – The New York Times
- China to relax its internet restrictions for 100,000 students hit by Australia’s coronavirus travel ban – The Guardian
- Quarantine and chill? The internet is giving quarantined people a social outlet – Salon