It won’t arrive in time for Black Friday, but the firsttablets will soon land with customers. After beginning to accept preorders last week, Google now shows estimated shipping times of two to four weeks, depending on which model you buy.
, the Pixel Slate is a Chrome OS tablet that follows in the footsteps of tablet. Google is also selling an optional Pixel Keyboard ($199) and Pixelbook Pen ($99), which help transform the Slate into a full-featured convertible laptop.
The entry-level Pixel Slate starts at $599 (£549) but Google also offers more expensive configurations with higher-end Intel processors, more RAM and larger hard drives. Here’s an overview of the different Slate models and Google’s estimate of their respective shipping times as of Nov. 15:
- $599, Intel Celeron 4GB RAM, 32GB storage: 3-4 weeks
- $699, Intel Celeron 8GB RAM, 64GB storage: 4-5 weeks
- $799, Intel Core m3, 8GB RAM, 64GB storage: 2-3 weeks
- $999, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage: 3-4 weeks
- $1,599, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB storage: 2-3 weeks
Note that Best Buy is also selling some Pixel Slate configurations. It originally forecast that the first preorders would land as soon as Nov. 22, but now says that it will notify customers when it’s ready to ship.
- [LLODO] Knoxville police identify student killed after bringing gun to high school
- [LLODO] Fifth of Americans refuse to get coronavirus vaccine as Johnson & Johnson shot is put on hold
- [LLODO] California ethnic studies pitch denounces US as a ‘parasitic system’ based on the ‘invasion’ of White settlers
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Minnesota protester tells Fox reporter: Only way things change is ‘if people start throwing things’
- [LLODO] Chicago braces for release of video in Adam Toledo’s shooting death
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin’s defense could rest case
- [LLODO] NYC GOP mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa pledges to ‘refund the police’