The Internet is getting a stress test Friday night. Shortly after 8 pm ET, the official trailer was released for the long-awaited first live-action “Star Wars” TV series.
“Star Wars: The Mandalorian,” Disney’s newest entry into the iconic sci-fi property based on past experiences just might set a new YouTube record for views. Three of the “Star Wars” movies rank in the top 20 most-watched “previews” in 24 hours reaching more than 330 million viewers. Also, “The Mandalorian” is the flagship franchise for its new streaming service Disney+.
Disney also launched a new Twitter account for the show where the trailer was posted as well as on YouTube (see the trailer below).
The Mandalorian,” will “follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,” according to StarWars.com
“The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order,” the website explains.
The series stars Pedro Pascal as the Mandalorian and features Nick Nolte and Carl Wheaters of “Rocky” fame.
Star Wars fans can look for new characters in this much-anticipated trailer, “Disney+ is emerging and there’s an opportunity to tell a story that’s bigger than television, but you don’t have the same expectations that a big holiday release has, which to me isn’t that type of Star Wars that comes out of me,” Favreau, who is also lead writer on the series shared with The Hollywood Reporter. “The type of Star Wars that I’m inspired to tell is a smaller thing with new characters.”
The trailer was unveiled officially at Disney’s D23 Expo fan convention. Fans will get to see the series starting Nov. 12 when the Disney+ service launches. It promises to be a full fall for “Star Wars” fans as the next feature film — “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is due in theaters this December and its trailer could be released soon.
- All the best July 4th sales still happening right now
- Weekend deals: $22 drones, $6 fairy lights and a $30 AirPods Pro alternative
- Last chance to get excellent TCL 8-Series TV at lowest price ever
- The best deals from Best Buy’s July 4th sale you can still get today
- You can preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for $50 right now
- Get muscle relief with this TaoTronics massage gun for $95
- Best meat delivery deals for Independence Day weekend
- OnePlus Nord preorders have already begun. Here are the features it needs (and doesn’t need)
- Moto G Fast vs. G Power vs. G Stylus: Motorola’s newest budget phones, side by side