Telegram is ending the year by giving its users yet another update. Version 4.7 for Android brings support for multiple accounts using different phone numbers and a quick-reply action within chats. This is the second Telegram update this month.
Here’s the changelog:
Multiple accounts and ‘Swipe to reply’ added in version 4.7:
– Quickly switch between different Telegram accounts if you use multiple phone numbers.
– Swipe left on any message to reply to it.
With the latest update, Telegram users can add up to three accounts linked with different phone numbers to their app. This will be a welcome feature for users who were relying on things like parallel apps or app cloning to access multiple Telegram accounts on a single phone up until now. A swipe from the left will bring out the menu where users can switch between accounts. Unless the settings are changed, users will receive notifications from all their accounts.
Version 4.7 also brings a quick-reply feature, which lets users swipe left on a specific message to start a reply.
While it isn’t the most significant of updates, Telegram says this one gives its users features they’ve been asking for, which is always nice. The latest version is available in the Play Store, but you can also grab Telegram 4.7 from APK Mirror.
- Ninja has started streaming Fortnite on YouTube
- Ex-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn may have paid over $860K for his escape
- Galaxy Fold 2 to launch Aug. 5 with better screen, camera. Rumors and leaks here
- 50 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- Ford employees want the company to stop making police cars, report says
- Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy season 2 trailer lands in the ’60s
- Facebook slammed in audit for ‘heartbreaking decisions’ that set back civil rights
- Galaxy Note 20 will launch Aug. 5: The biggest rumors, specs and leaks we know
- Weird green gel-like substance found on the moon finally identified