The Steam Winter Sale has begun, running now through Jan. 3 at 1 p.m. PT. Valve has several games discounted on the platform, as always, as well as a special campaign running alongside the sales period. This year’s seasonal metagame is called the Extremely Cozy Cottage, a setting where players can check in to receive badges, profile backgrounds, emoticons and special “knick-knacks.”
Knick-knacks are available alongside the usual Steam Winter Sale trading cards, according to Valve, but have different collection requirements. To unlock them, players must interact with the Cottage’s landing page to open the doors they hide behind. Different doors open on a daily basis, each with unique gifts. Today’s batch, for example, includes the Lip Balm item, which can be consumed to upgrade the Knick-Knack Collector badge.
These items will expire on Feb. 2 at noon PT, so check in regularly if you’re serious about Steam badges. Valve promises more information will come on Dec. 24 at 10 a.m. PT.
Meanwhile, the Steam Winter Sale includes discounts on games like XCOM 2, Yakuza 0, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice for as much as 75 percent off. Check out the rest of the list on Steam.
- [LLODO] Phil Collins’ Alamo artifacts collection go on display in Texas
- Transamerica Survey Finds Higher Education Institutions Turn to Their Retirement Plan Service Provider to Help Address Unprecedented Challenges – PRNewswire
- Non-qualified Plans Spur More Education and Advice Opportunities – National Association of Plan Advisors
- [LLODO] Ohio man accused of murdering ex-wife, 2 others wounded in Detroit police shootout
- Letter to the editor: Lack of respect, responsibility and education trashing our community and world – Sumter Item
- [LLODO] Michigan Gov. Whitmer’s health director received payout amid abrupt resignation: report
- Making Education Research Relevant – EducationNext
- [LLODO] Minneapolis courthouse turned into fortress for George Floyd murder trial
- Medscape Education to Engage Clinicians with Unique Virtual Dermatology Conference Experience – PRNewswire