Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is now out available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and there’s still no official word about a Switch release. Even after multiple listings – including Nintendo’s digital storefront – there’s been no announcement. So, what exactly is going on? Not much, apparently.
The Toys For Bob producer Peter Kavic appeared on the Game Informer Show in November alongside art director Josh Nadelberg to discuss the recently released trilogy collection. Of course, during this segment, the pair was asked about the likelihood of the game appearing on other platforms. In response, Kavic said the attention was currently on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions and the rest of the decision-making was up to the publisher Activision. When questioned if the Switch could handle the latest Spyro release, the producer said he hadn’t even seen it attempted but thought there might be a chance.
If what Kavic is saying is true, it essentially means the development of the game on this specific platform was never underway in the first place, which would make sense considering there were no official announcements on Activision’s end. The statement provided to us by Activision in November also confirmed the company – at the time – had no plans to announce the game on other platforms.
What do you think? Would you like to see the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy eventually released on the Switch? Tell us below.
- Musk claims Tesla will have ‘basic functionality’ for Level 5 autonomy this year
- This could be Google’s next smart speaker
- Today’s top deals: $7 hard drive enclosure, $7 phone mount, $13 earbuds and more
- Elon Musk says a Neuralink update is coming in August
- Peacock won’t have mobile downloads to binge offline at launch
- NBC’s Peacock: Prices, devices, discounts, launch date, shows and movies
- UK and Australia open joint data privacy investigation on Clearview AI
- ‘Literally life and death’: Bill Nye turns to TikTok to urge everyone to wear masks
- Lamborghini Sian Roadster is a sharp performer with sharper angles