ZANESVILLE – Families who live in an area covered by Charter Communications, better know locally as Spectrum, can get free internet access to help school-aged students to complete homework assignments.
Following the announcement that numerous schools across the nation would be closed, possibly until the end of the school year, Charter is offering free access for 60 days.
“In the coming weeks, many Americans will be affected either directly or indirectly by COVID-19,” said Mike Hogan, a member of the public relations team at Charter Communications. “Charter is focused on serving and supporting our 29 million customers.
Americans rely heavily on high speed broadband in nearly every aspect of their lives and Charter wants to ensure customers maintain reliable access to the online resources and information they want and need, according to Hogan.
“Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription,” Hogan said. “The installation fee will be waived for new students households.”
Charter will also open its Wi-Fi hotspots across their footprint for public use.
“As the country works collaboratively to contain this pandemic, broadband internet access will be increasingly essential to ensuring that people across the country are able to learn and work remotely, that businesses can continue to serve customers, and that Americans stay connected and engaged with family and friends,” Hogan said.
Additionally, Charter also provide Showtime and Epix premium channels at no additional charge to Spectrum TV customers who do not currently receive those channels through April 19.
“We hope that by expanding these programming options it will provide even more hours of entertainment for our customers in these challenging times,” said Tom Montemagno, executive vice president of programming acquisition in a press release.
To enroll in free internet access during the pandemic, call 1-844-488-8395.
Read or Share this story: https://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/news/2020/03/25/spectrum-free-internet-families-school-aged-children/2899702001/
- The Year the Internet Thought I Was MacKenzie Bezos – WIRED
- Easy ways to get the fastest internet connection possible in your home – Komando
- Elon Musk says Starlink internet private beta to begin in roughly three months, public beta in six – TechCrunch
- Verizon is canceling home internet installations during the pandemic – The Verge
- Ethiopia’s internet shutdowns are disrupting millions of lives – Quartz Africa
- How to check if your service provider is throttling your internet – CNET
- 8 charts on internet use around the world as countries grapple with COVID-19 – Pew Research Center
- How to boost your home internet speeds while you’re stuck at home: Tech Support – Yahoo Money
- Welcome (Back) to the Appointment Internet – New York Magazine