Sony has stealth released a new PS4 Pro model this week.
As confirmed by Digital Foundry, the PS4 Pro CUH-7200 is the company’s latest hardware revision and can only be found as part of the Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle in the UK.
The new hardware – which we’ve written about before – is apparently the quietest model yet. The new console produces notably less noise than other PS4 Pro consoles, according to the analysis from Digital Foundry.
If other reports are to be believed, we could expect to see this model of PS4 Pro – along with a little discount – hit the streets in the UK soon.
This comes as analysts predict Sony could issue a big price cut to the PS4 Pro models coming in the future.
Sony has already knocked it out of the park this console generation – the PS4 and PS4 Pro have run riot, outselling Microsoft consoles by about 3:1 (if figures earlier this year are to be believed, at least).
With Black Friday coming up, players may be keen to learn that the PS4 Pro – the high-end 4K console that’s more powerful than the vanilla PS4 – may be getting a price cut.
That’s if what some analysts have been saying is to be believed, anyway.
Speaking to GamingBolt, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter noted how a recent price cut in Japan could manifest in the West.
“The PS4 [Pro Red Dead Redemption 2] bundle is sneaky,” Pachter commented to the site. “They cut the price of the hardware in Japan to the equivalent of $349 and didn’t do so in the U.S., keeping the hardware at $399.
“That means Red Dead is “free” in the bundle. I think we get a cut for PS4 (to $249) and Pro (to $349) around Black Friday, but the pricing now makes RDR look like it’s free.
“Regardless, not that many bundles sell before Black Friday, so it’s unclear if this deal will last very long.”
Could that mean a cut over here in Europe and the UK, too? It’s likely.
- DNA from cave dirt tells tale of how some Neanderthals disappeared – Science Magazine
- [LLODO] US spy plane escorted by Russian fighter jet over the Pacific: report
- [LLODO] Indianapolis FedEx shooting leaves at least 8 dead; suspect kills self: reports
- [LLODO] New York elementary principal charged with sexually abusing students during school hours
- [LLODO] NY Health Department surveyor potentially exposes NYC nursing home to COVID-19, source reveals
- [LLODO] Adam Toledo case: AOC says prosecutor ‘lied about police killing a child’
- [LLODO] New Hampshire lifts coronavirus mask mandate
- [LLODO] Rep. Ritchie Torres’ Big Idea: Create permanent monthly child allowance payments to parents