Sony has officially confirmed the full list of games for its upcoming mini console throwback to the PS1, the PlayStation Classic. The system is set to launch on December 3 and comes pre-loaded with a total of 20 games, as previously announced. The initial reveal consisted of only five games on the list, but we now know everything it will come with.
As revealed on the PlayStation Blog, the list includes a nice mixture of genres and titles that represent the iconic console. These include Battle Arena Toshinden, Metal Gear Solid, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter, Tekken 3, and more. Take a look at the full list, which looks to be the same across Europe and American territories, below. (Those in Japan, however, are getting a similar but not entirely identical list of games, as their PlayStation Classic will feature some additional RPGs.) You can also watch a trailer for the micro console below.
The December 3 release date is significant as it’s also the day that the original PlayStation launched in 1994. The new mini version of the PlayStation is 45 percent smaller than the original one. We spotted the PlayStation Classic alongside the original hardware at Paris Games Week and you can see them side-by-side in the pictures below.
PlayStation Classic Games List
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Cool Boarders 2
- Destruction Derby
- Final Fantasy VII
- Grand Theft Auto
- Intelligent Qube
- Jumping Flash
- Metal Gear Solid
- Mr Driller
- Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
- Resident Evil Director’s Cut
- Revelations: Persona
- Ridge Racer Type 4
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Syphon Filter
- Tekken 3
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
- Twisted Metal
- Wild Arms
The PlayStation Classic will be available for £90/$99. It will ship with an HDMI cable, USB cable, and two wired controllers. The replicas of the original PS1 controller included do not have the analog sticks introduced in the DualShock. You can use our PS1 Classic pre-order guide to find out more about the PlayStation Classic and see the best places to reserve one.
- [LLODO] Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ argues for his client’s release, compares him to Forrest Gump
- [LLODO] NYC judge overturns convictions for 3 men in 1996 murder of off-duty cop, business owner
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls for investigation into Baltimore HS failing students, others call for shutdown
- [LLODO] Air Force veteran, Persian Gulf War POW Dale Storr speaks out on 30th anniversary of release
- [LLODO] How much do Baltimore taxpayers spend per student?
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s inner circle: What to know about embattled NY governor’s senior administration
- [LLODO] New former Cuomo aides accused Dem of sexual misconduct, reportedly inviting one to ‘dimly lit hotel room’
- [LLODO] Cuomo staffers ‘fearful to speak’ because of Dem’s ‘rage & vindictiveness,’ WaPo reporter claims