All choices were made by Nintendo
We pretty much knew Smash Bros. Ultimate was going to have DLC, but the last Nintendo Direct outright confirmed that five new fighters will be coming to the game. While Nintendo isn’t talking who has been selected, director Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed on Twitter that the additional fighters have already been chosen.
Instead of hosting a fighter poll like with Smash For Wii U and 3DS, the process was all done by Nintendo this time. As Sakurai writes, “This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.” I suppose that will cut down on the number of votes for Waluigi and Isaac.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimates DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.
— 桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) November 6, 2018
Its great to dream about your favorite character joining the battle and I appreciate your passion, but please try to stay on topic when replying to tweets and refrain from flooding us, and other users, with requests when we’re not specifically asking for feedback. Thank you!
— 桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) November 7, 2018
The question of which fighter may have an answer, but I doubt work has even begun on any of them. I honestly don’t care who else is added, because I’m still blown away at the amount of content Ultimate will have at launch. If anything, I’m hoping for more offbeat characters like Piranha Plant instead of yet another sword user.
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing