Samsung’s latest Note 9 update lets you active Bixby with a double tap of its dedicated button, reports Android Authority. Previously, you could only activate the divisive voice assistant with a single tap, which could lead to it being accidentally activated, especially when Samsung offers no option to disable it entirely.
Since its arrival, the Bixby button has become a controversial inclusion on Samsung’s handsets, mainly because it pales in comparison to Google Assistant, Alexa, and, yes, even Siri. Although you could initially remap the button on the S8 to open the camera or another app of your choice, Samsung has since done its best to block the process; on the Note 9, you can’t disable the assistant at all.
In an ideal world, you’d be able to deactivate the Bixby button entirely (or simply remap it to something a lot more useful), but for now, a double tap seems like the next best thing. With any luck, the functionality will turn the button into a rarely used appendage rather than an unwanted annoyance.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’