The new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) is now available in India, coming as an affordable tablet with mid-range specifications and a metal body. Tablets may have waned in popularity with the rise of increasingly bigger smartphones, but that hasn’t stopped Samsung from bringing new products to the market for the time being. The new Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) tablet made its debut back in September after a slew of leaks and rumors which turned out to be mostly correct. It’s lightweight and sports a metal back, smooth edges, and a sleek design for its price and product category. The slate has an 8-inch TFT display with a WXGA resolution of 1,280 by 800 pixels and decent specifications. The bezels around the display are rather thick but that’s not surprising for an Android mid-ranger.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) packs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4GHz which comes with the Adreno 308 GPU. The slate further features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of native storage space, microSD support for additional memory of up to 256GB, an 8-megapixel main camera with autofocus and LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front shooter. Other highlights include a 5,000mAh battery that should last for up to 14 hours of video playback, 4G LTE with voice calling support, Android 7.1 Nougat on the software side, and unique Samsung-made features such as Game Launcher, Bixby Home, Bixby Reminder, and more.
The tablet comes in black and gold color options and measures 212.11 x 124.1 x 8.9mm, weighing just 364 grams. The home and menu buttons are located right below the display, while the power button and the volume rocker are on the right side. The device is already available online at Samsung India’s official website, and it’s also set to hit retail stores nationwide in the coming days. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) costs Rs. 17,990 (about $276), and Samsung is also throwing in a discounted screen replacement as a one-time offer at Rs. 990 (roughly $15) within one year of purchasing the tablet. To take advantage of this offer, interested customers have to buy the product during its first month of availability on the market. Lastly, those who want to accessorize the tablet will also be able to purchase a Book Cover, which will be available separately for Rs. 2,499 ($28).
Buy The Galaxy Tab A (2017)
- [LLODO] Police, lawmakers slam Illinois criminal justice reform bill that eliminates cash bail
- [LLODO] Venomous spiders found at University of Michigan library prompt two-day shutdown
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania Hospital patient stabs doctor in head, face while being treated
- [LLODO] Police officer dies after attempted rescue of teens who fell through ice in Ohio lake
- [LLODO] Army’s revised grooming standards loosen up hairstyle regulations, allow for earrings
- [LLODO] DOJ calls new witnesses, revives investigation into George Floyd death
- [LLODO] Robin DiAngelo distances herself from ‘be less white’ diversity training
- [LLODO] De Blasio reacts to ex-staffer accusing him of ‘penis politics’: Administration is ‘majority women’