In an incident reminiscent of the Galaxy Note 7 debacle, a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 allegedly caught fire inside a woman’s purse after getting extremely hot.
A New York real estate agent Diane Chung said in her lawsuit that she was using the phablet on September 3, 2018 when it suddenly became extremely hot. She stopped using it and placed it inside her purse but soon heard a whistling and screeching sound only to notice a thick smoke coming out of her purse, Cnet reported.
Samsung is investigating the matter. The incident comes into light a month after Samsung’s mobile chief DJ Koh said that the battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever and users shouldn’t worry about the batteries anymore.
Two years ago, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 units were globally recalled soon after their release owing to a battery malfunction that resulted in fires or explosions causing a much deeper reputational damage to the South Korean giant.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Satelitte Internet Startup OneWeb Closes – pymnts.com
- The Internet Is Breaking a Little From the Coronavirus – Slate
- People Shared The Best Internet Rabbit Holes To Go Down, And I’m Suddenly No Longer Bored – BuzzFeed
- UK internet providers will lift data caps during COVID-19 pandemic – Engadget
- Surging Traffic Is Slowing Down Our Internet – The New York Times
- EARN IT Act Calls Internet Content Moderation Into Question – The Regulatory Review
- As coronavirus cases surge across the U.S., the internet has one word for this image of a crowded beach: Florida – MarketWatch
- Internet Censorship During COVID-19 Is Threat To Cryptocurrencies And Liberty – Forbes
- Collective Cabin Fever Tops This Week’s Internet News Roundup – WIRED