According to Twitter user Dr. HyperCake, Joker from Persona 5, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s first paid DLC character, has had his stage revealed via datamining.
Now, this one is tagged with both rumor and a spoiler tag in case it turns out to be true, but it really isn’t much of a surprise. If you don’t want to be spoiled about what is potentially Joker’s official stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, turn back now!
A tweet by Dr. HyperCake shows that the string “J.a.c.k._.M.e.n.e.n.t.o.s.” was found in the stage database and matches the string format for other stages. Jack is also rumored to be Joker’s development code name.
Digging through LVD files in Ultimate, and I found “Jack_Menentoes_” lying around amongst the strings. The format of this string matches stage name strings in ui_stage_db (“[Series]_[Stage]”), and Joker’s internal name is “jack”. Mementos stage confirmed? pic.twitter.com/eCh3PxU2bR
— Dr. HyperCake (@DrHyperCake) February 20, 2019
This means it would appear that Joker’s stage in Smash will be some form of Mementos, the multi-level dungeon in Persona 5 that is influenced by the collective consciousness of humanity.
It makes sense for Joker’s stage to be the dungeon that continues throughout the game, as opposed to any specific level. I personally predict lots of magic subway trains barreling through the level.
Hopefully we’ll see some gameplay of Joker soon, but until then, we’ll keep an eye out for any more information about him and his stage.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’