At the upcoming K show in Düsseldorf, Germany, German blow molding technology specialist Rikutec Group will display a portfolio comprised of products ranging from high-precision, multilayer blow molding machines to fast-cooling molds, and technical blow molded products.
The company will showcase the packaging industry’s first all-plastic twin drumable to meet the stringent demands of the ADR European agency for safe storage and transport of highly aggressive chemicals.
The 200-liter container features a blow molded tank-in-a-tank design, providing for double strength protection with no secondary container required. The two-layer inner drum is made of high-purity, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) with no additives or stabilizers. The two-layer outer drum is made of UV-stabilized HDPE. The two tanks are inserted together and a hot plate welder joins them together with an HDPE cap.
Rikutec manufactures very large blow-molded products, ranging from 100 to 1,000 liters, using its patented multilayer coextrusion blow molding technology.
The company pursues a holistic approach with regard to products and services, covering the entire value chain from the production of raw materials, machinery and plant engineering to product design and series productions of large containers, according to Stefan Eichelhardt, director of Rikutec’s Engineering Business Unit.
At K, the company will also present its latest efforts to tackle the plastic waste issue with the development of “highly sustainable materials”.
Depending on the application and customer requirements, Rikutec says it can use up to 100% HDPE recyclate for the production of blow molded products.
“The circular economy is and will remain the topic of the future,” said BodoRichter, CEO and Owner of the Rikutec Group.
“Many external factors are currently affecting the plastics industry – we, as manufacturers of machines and HDPE products manufactured by blow molding, are trying to help shape the sustainable change in the plastics industry,” he added.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing