Red Dead Redemption 2 launched on Xbox One a few days ago, and since then the game has garnered tremendous reviews from critics and gamers alike. In our review, we said, “Red Dead Redemption 2 represents a generational leap for the gaming industry. It not only gives players meaningful quests that surpass even those found in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but it also touches on social issues that plague America even to this day.”
Red Dead Online is the game’s multiplayer component which is basically a sandbox environment with lots of activities. You can live the cowboy life. During a recent earnings call, parent organization Take-Two Interactive said that the mode wouldn’t launch until late November. Red Dead Online will start as a beta. While this is definitely a disappointment, Red Dead Redemption 2’s single-player campaign is so good that it’ll take you hundreds of hours to discover all of its secrets.
A few days ago, developer Rockstar Games said that Red Dead Redemption 2 has achieved the single-biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment. The company added, “With over $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time.”
Red Dead Redemption 2 focuses on the events after a robbery goes wrong in the town of Blackwater. Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal, and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
- [LLODO] Moped-riding Texas man with knife who entered White House grounds arrested
- [LLODO] California officers face protest while trying to oust alleged squatters from state-owned homes: report
- [LLODO] Kentucky restaurant donated $60K for employees amid indoor dining ban, says industry unfairly targeted
- [LLODO] Coronavirus delays national math, reading tests until 2022
- [LLODO] Las Vegas woman held illicit ‘vampire facial’ parties while posing as nurse
- [LLODO] Florida woman charged in machete attack wanted to be with victim’s wife: deputies
- [LLODO] Pentagon switches troops’ Thanksgiving meals to ‘grab-and-go’ takeout, halts dining hall feasts amid pandemic
- [LLODO] Calabasas suspect nabbed after 2 women shot in domestic violence incident in LA-area gated community
- [LLODO] Santa Ana winds on Thanksgiving cause wildfire concern for Southern California residents