With Black Friday getting closer, more deals have sprung up for the big sales day on November 23. While you can’t act on these deals at this time, it’s good to know what’s coming up before the busiest sales day of the year. One of the deals we’ve highlighted here is for Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, otherwise known as PUBG.
As of now, PUBG on Xbox One will have some upcoming sales at Best Buy, Target, and Walmart for less than $20. In addition to this game, we also had an upcoming look at sales for other games including Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, God of War, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4–which recently launched the series’ first crack at the battle royale genre.
Though other games like Fortnite have overtaken PUBG’s former dominance in the growing field of free-for-all games, it’s still a popular title and has a solid player base on both PC and Xbox One. With three different maps to fight it out on, and featuring many different types of skins, weapon decals, and other customization options–PUBG focuses a lot more on tactical gameplay compared to the Fortnite’s more arcadey style action. The most recent event happening in the world of PUBG is a promotional tie-in featuring the Joker and Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad.
In our review of PUBG last year, editor Michael Higham gave it an 8 and stated: “PUBG’s technical shortcomings can undermine its broader achievements on rare occasions, but they don’t override your desire to continue playing. Each phase of a match presents a different type of tension that is equal parts thrilling and terrifying, driven by the insatiable desire to be the last person (or squad) standing. Whether you play solo or in a group, successfully executing adaptive tactics to win intense, high-stakes firefights makes for an incredibly rewarding experience. Every player has unique stories of their most memorable matches, and even after hundreds of hours, PUBG continues to inspire rousing tales of victory and defeat.”
There’s still many more deals coming in the time leading up to Black Friday. Remember, many of these until the time of Black Friday, so keep that in mind when you’re sorting through these deals early. If you want to know more about what’s coming up, be sure check out our roundup of Black Friday deals on GameSpot.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’