Porsche is launching a pilot program that will provide consumers with flexible access to a number of popular Porsche sports cars and SUVs via a mobile app.
Porsche Passport, the result of a partnership with automotive software firm Clutch Technologies, is a monthly subscription service that will offer members on-demand access to up to 22 different Porsche models with unlimited mileage and frequent vehicle exchanges. Also included in the monthly fee are tax and registration, insurance, maintenance and detailing. Initially, Porsche Passport will be available only to consumers in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Passport features the choice of two membership plans, called Launch and Accelerate. Priced at $2,000 per month, Launch includes on-demand access to eight models, such as the Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman S sports cars and the Macan S and Cayenne SUVs. For $3,000, Accelerate gives members access to 22 models, including the Porsche 911 Carrera S sports car, the Panamera 4S sports sedan, the Macan GTS and Cayenne S E-Hybrid SUVs, plus those offered in the Launch package.
Both plans require a one-time activation fee of $500, and membership approval is dependent on a background and credit check. Once the approval process is complete, the vehicle will be delivered to the member’s requested location, which can be specified through the Porsche Passport app. Future vehicle exchanges can also be scheduled through the app.
“Our Strategy 2025 vision is to be the most aspirational brand in a new era of mobility and consumer expectations. Catering to customers’ desire to experience our sports cars in new ways is a part of our core strategy,” said Klaus Zellmer, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America, in a statement. “With Porsche Passport, we now offer our customers a simple and flexible driving solution at their fingertips.”
Porsche says the new program may be rolled out more broadly, depending on reaction to the pilot program in the metro Atlanta area, where both Porsche Cars North America and Clutch Technologies are headquartered. For now, Atlanta-area residents can apply for membership via the Porsche Passport app, which is available for Apple and Android devices.
- [LLODO] Chicago teen secures COVID-19 vaccine appointments for hundreds of seniors
- [LLODO] Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift store
- [LLODO] Western US being hit with rain, mountain snow
- [LLODO] California halts shared COVID-19 vaccine codes system after misuse
- [LLODO] LAPD investigates Koreatown assault on Air Force veteran Denny Kim as possible hate crime
- [LLODO] Wannabe ISIS terrorist suspect goes from ‘moderate Muslim’ to ‘Jihadist Muslim’ without medicine
- [LLODO] High school track athlete ‘disappointed’ after Biden DOJ drops support of challenge to transgender policy
- [LLODO] Arkansas cops arrest man for abducting baby from scene of triple homicide