After Regirock appeared in legendary raids, most of the third generation Pokemon had officially been added to Pokemon GO. It’s safe to say that fans are eager for what’s coming next, and while we know that fourth generation Pokemon are on the way, we don’t exactly know when they will be added to the game. However, one theory suggests that Pokemon GO will add Gen 4 Pokemon next month, and one of the first to be added could very well be a legendary Pokemon.
Since Niantic added the first Gen 3 Pokemon to Pokemon GO during last year’s Halloween event, some fans have theorized that Gen 4 Pokemon will be added to the game during next month’s probable Halloween event. Besides new wild Pokemon that Pokemon GO players will be able to find out and about, it’s possible that legendary raids at the end of October could also feature a Gen 4 Pokemon, specifically the dragon- and ghost-type legendary Pokemon Giratina.
We know that Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos will be added to legendary raids tomorrow and will remain in them until September 20, at which point they will be replaced by Mewtwo. Mewtwo will then stay as the featured legendary raid boss in Pokemon GO until October 23, which will presumably be in the midst of the 2018 Halloween event. Considering this, it would make a lot of sense for Niantic to replace Mewtwo with Giratina.
Of course, it’s possible Niantic will go a completely different direction and add a formerly used raid boss instead. It’s possible that it will add the legendary beasts from the second generation, or maybe even throw Lugia or Ho-Oh back into the mix. Alternatively, some of the third generation legendary Pokemon may return to raid battles, like Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza. It’s also possible that Niantic will replace Mewtwo with a different Gen 4 legendary Pokemon that’s not Giratina.
After all, the fourth generation of Pokemon will add a whopping nine new legendary Pokemon to the game, including Dialga and Palkia, who make up the rest of the Creation Trio along with Giratina. There’s also the chance that Niantic will add Heatran, Regigigas, or Cresselia to legendary raids in October instead.
There are many different directions Niantic could go when it comes to Pokemon GO‘s next legendary raid boss, and it will be interesting to see who exactly replaces Mewtwo next month.
Pokemon GO is out now for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Best baby food delivery subscription services to use for 2020
- The best smart lock for 2020: August, Schlage and more
- Verizon extends discounted internet plans through 2020
- PlayStation shares a first look at Spider-Man PS5 game
- Subaru Crosstrek gets a bigger engine and a tiny price bump for 2021
- Odd pink snow in the Alps is pretty, but it might be a red flag
- The NBA is coming back: Dates, locations, who’s sitting out and how to watch basketball’s 2020 return
- Fortnite Season 3 challenges and where to find Floating Rings at Pleasant Park
- Musk claims Tesla will have ‘basic functionality’ for Level 5 autonomy this year