CONNECTICUT — Several Optimum Internet customers are reporting service outages in Connecticut Monday afternoon and evening.
“We are aware of an outage impacting services for some customers in Fairfield, Bridgeport and Milford, said Janet Meahan, Altice spokesperson. “Our engineers are working diligently to restore services for those impacted, and we thank our customers for their patience as we work to bring them back online.”
There were around 500 outage reports made on Down Detector. Many of the reports are from the Milford and Fairfield area. Several customers have also tweeted to Optimum’s customer service Twitter account.
Patch has reached out to Optimum regarding the outages and will update the story.
Optimum had a widespread service outage in September with more than 10,000 reports of no service across New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. The company gave a partial bill credit to customers.
- Another shield, a safer Internet for minors – OneNewsNow
- What’s the future of the internet — and society? – Technical.ly
- Astranis raises $90 million for its next-gen satellite broadband internet service – TechCrunch
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ proves the internet wrong – Houston Chronicle
- Gov. Mills: high-speed internet is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity – Knox VillageSoup – Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald
- New Report Finds Internet Users Overwhelmed by Identity Theft Worries – Yahoo Finance
- Never Mind the Internet. Here’s What’s Killing Malls. – The New York Times
- China to relax its internet restrictions for 100,000 students hit by Australia’s coronavirus travel ban – The Guardian
- Quarantine and chill? The internet is giving quarantined people a social outlet – Salon