Finally the day has come when all the leaks and rumors surrounding the OnePlus 6T will be put to bed. The global launch event is set to take place tonight in New York, and if you aren’t attending it, you can watch the live stream on your smartphone or PC.
Where and how to watch OnePlus 6T launch live stream
As always, OnePlus will be live streaming the event on its YouTube channel. The event kicks off at 11:00AM EDT as per New York time, which translates to 8:30PM IST. The company was earlier set to unveil the smartphone on October 30, with simultaneous events in New York and New Delhi. However, to avoid a clash with Apple, the company preponed the global event. The India event though will still take place tomorrow, so you’ll have to wait until then for the pricing details.
OnePlus 6T expected price in India
The OnePlus 6 was launched earlier this year at Rs 34,999 for the base variant with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage. With the OnePlus 6T, the company is reportedly killing the 64GB variant, and replacing it with the 128GB model, just like Samsung did with the Galaxy Note 9. And with the new components on board, we expect the OnePlus 6T prices in India to start around Rs 37,999. As always, it will be available to purchase via Amazon India and Croma retail stores. The company has also partnered Reliance Digital to sell the smartphone in offline market.
OnePlus 6T specifications and features
The OnePlus 6 featured a 6.28-inch FHD+ display, but it had a wide notch on top. With the OnePlus 6T, the company is likely going with a waterdrop notch, which will help in offering a slightly bigger 6.4-inch display. The waterdrop style notch will also house the proximity and ambient light sensors, along with the front camera, just like you’ve seen on Oppo and Vivo smartphones.
At the heart, you will still get the Snapdragon 845 SoC with 6GB / 8GB RAM options and 128GB / 256GB storage options. There is a possibility we might see a 512GB special variant too, but don’t be too hopeful. It will likely retain the same dual rear camera setup with 16-megapixel and 20-megapixel sensors and a 16-megapixel selfie shooter. One of the big changes is expected to come in the form of larger 3,700mAh battery withsupport for fast dash charge technology.
Another highlight of the smartphone will be the in-display fingerprint scanner. OnePlus will also do away with the 3.5mm audio socket, and audio will be routed via Bluetooth or the USB Type-C port. The company will also be selling its Bullets Type-C headphones in India for Rs 1,499. Lastly, on the software front, the smartphone will run Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box.
You Might be Interested
Android 9.0 Pie
Snapdragon 845 octa-core
Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core SoC
16MP + 20MP
- [LLODO] Meghan McCain calls out ‘real silent’ Gillibrand over ‘hypocrisy’ on Cuomo sex harassment scandal
- [LLODO] Cuomo, allies have ‘threatened, terrorized and oppressed’ people for years, top GOP official claims
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s future political ambitions ‘shattered’ by scandals, Miranda Devine tells ‘America Reports’
- [LLODO] Cuomo accuser Charlotte Bennett discusses allegations in CBS interview: ‘He felt like he was untouchable’
- [LLODO] From prop comedy to presidential hype, these are Chris Cuomo’s biggest blunders with ‘Luv Guv’ brother
- [LLODO] Connecticut lifting almost all COVID-19 capacity limits on businesses
- [LLODO] Biden is ‘fueling’ cartels, smugglers with immigration policy: Chad Wolf
- [LLODO] Brother of Colorado mom allegedly murdered by boy, 14, was fatally shot years earlier; family wants justice
- [LLODO] New York Public Library will keep Dr. Seuss books on its shelves: Here’s why