(Alicia Keys voice) His paws are on fire!!!!
Last year, platform mascot and general industry punching bag Bubsy made his triumphant return to gaming in Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back. It… did not go well. The game was pretty much trash, which in its defense kept it in the spirit of the Bubsy games from the ’90s. That should have been the end of it as we all had a good laugh polite chuckle about his return and were reminded of just why he went away in the first place, but as the old saying goes, you can’t keep a terrible, unfunny, poorly controlled, and all around generally crap bobcat down.
Bubsy: Paws on Fire is from Accolade and Runner3 developer Choice Provisions in what can only be the negative effects of a monkey’s paw wish for the Bit.Trip maestros. The game, billed for Bubsy lovers and haters alike, will feature four playable characters and have more than 100 levels, three boss battles, and unlockable costumes that’ll extend the replay value for anybody who’s actually able to make it through it once.
Bubsy: Paws on Fire will release in 2019 for PlayStation 4, PC, and Switch. Man, if there’s one time I’m envious of Xbox One owners, it’s right now.
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
Click to open photo gallery:
- [LLODO] Colorado man arrested in 1982 cold-case murders of 2 women last seen hitchhiking near Rocky Mountains
- [LLODO] Virginia county’s proposed rules affecting American flag blasted as insult to Old Glory
- [LLODO] Brother of Colorado mom allegedly gunned down by boy, 14, calls attack ‘random, inhumane hell on earth’
- [LLODO] Los Angeles Zoo loses mother giraffe after stillborn calf
- [LLODO] Las Vegas murder: Retired cop killed in random one-punch attack on the strip
- [LLODO] California coronavirus vaccination site gives thousands wrong vaccine dosage
- [LLODO] Florida man described as a ‘volatile white supremacist-accelerationist’ arrested on weapons charges
- [LLODO] Andrew Cuomo’s actions show failure to exercise ‘the necessary self-control’, Democrat lawmaker says