NORTH BRANFORD, CT — A 31-year-old Northford man has been arrested and faces charges for indecent solicitation of a child through the internet.
Rhode Island authorities said that on Tuesday, members of the Computer Crimes Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force arrested Geoffrey DeMatteo, of White Hollow Road, Northford, for Indecent Solicitation of a Child.
DeMatteo was special arraigned at State Police Headquarters by a Justice of the Peace, issued $3,000 surety bail and remanded to the Adult Correctional Institutions. DeMatteo was rearraigned in Third Division District Court on Thursday.
- Hands-on with iOS 14: We downloaded the public beta so you don’t have to
- This $20 Lodge cast iron grill pan makes perfect steak and burgers
- iPhone SE vs. 11 Pro: Here’s how much of a difference $600 makes
- Wireless earbuds under $50: Forget AirPods and buy one of these cheaper pairs instead
- Nintendo Switch 2: Rumors, leaks and everything we want
- Tesla to nab $65M in tax breaks if it builds Cybertruck factory in Texas
- How to watch T-Mobile’s next ‘un-carrier’ event
- Walmart will soon require shoppers to wear masks
- 2021 Toyota Corolla Apex Edition is a sharp-looking, limited-edition sedan