NORTH BRANFORD, CT — A 31-year-old Northford man has been arrested and faces charges for indecent solicitation of a child through the internet.
Rhode Island authorities said that on Tuesday, members of the Computer Crimes Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force arrested Geoffrey DeMatteo, of White Hollow Road, Northford, for Indecent Solicitation of a Child.
DeMatteo was special arraigned at State Police Headquarters by a Justice of the Peace, issued $3,000 surety bail and remanded to the Adult Correctional Institutions. DeMatteo was rearraigned in Third Division District Court on Thursday.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing