Last weekend, YouTube revealed two Switch game trailers were part of the top viewed gaming video list in 2018. This weekend, Twitter has now shared its own list of the most-tweeted video games in the US this year. Interestingly, four Nintendo franchises featured. These included Pokémon, Super Mario, Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon.
Once again, Epic’s free-to-play battle royale Fortnite took out the top spot and there was also a mention of Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Overwatch and a few popular sports titles. Take a look at the full list below:
- “Call of Duty”
- “EA Sports Madden NFL”
- “NBA 2K”
- “Super Mario”
- “Super Smash Brothers”
- “Grand Theft Auto”
As Twitter didn’t clarify, we’re going to guess the Nintendo games being talked about in most cases were Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey / Super Mario Party and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! / Pokémon GO.
Are you at all surprised to hear these Nintendo titles were some of the most tweeted about games in 2018 or did you expect this after hearing about all the successful game sales throughout the year? Tell us below.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing