An icon found within iOS apparently validates most recent rumors about Apple’s 2018 iPad Pro redesign, which should be unveiled on Tuesday.
Apple’s 2018 iPad Pro icon.
The icon shows much smaller bezels than 2017 models, and no sign of a home button, as claimed in numerous reports. Also visible are rounded corners, something seen in leaked renders.
Though it’s difficult to tell for sure, the icon at least seems consistent with rumors that Apple plans to square off the sides in a throwback to devices like the iPhone SE. That could make new iPads easier to hold while allowing Apple more internal design space.
The icon was uncovered by 9to5Mac.
2018 Pros are generally expected to come in 10.5- and 12.9-inch sizes, equipped with faster “A12X” processors, TrueDepth cameras for Face ID and animoji, and USB-C in place of Lightning. The last would be a radical change for Apple’s product line, but bolster the product’s “professional” credibility.
AppleInsider will be at Oct. 30’s “There’s more in the making” event. Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos.
- [LLODO] Kentucky man ran violent drug, sex operation, exploited victims’ dependence on crack, heroin: DOJ
- [LLODO] California board member compares reopening schools to ‘White supremacist ideology’ and ‘slavery’
- [LLODO] Massachusetts’ Smith College racism accusations back in spotlight after report details 2018 investigation
- [LLODO] Florida official under sheriff’s investigation after coronavirus vaccine VIP list scandal
- [LLODO] COVID-19 sends car driving to its lowest levels in 19 years
- [LLODO] Florida’s Tyndall Air Force Base sees jet crash land; pilots hospitalized
- [LLODO] Canada national pleads guilty to attempting to bring illegal immigrants into US by way of the Caribbean
- [LLODO] Teen Lamborghini driver was speeding during LA wreck that killed woman, family claims: report