NO. MORE. NAZIS. Watch the brand new #Wolf2 gameplay trailer now. pic.twitter.com/KBFKxShzpf
— Wolfenstein (@wolfenstein) September 19, 2017
Faceless jack-booted soldiers goose-step in a celebratory ticker tape parade and brand new Nazi flags line the streets while our own hangs tattered and solitary, covered in ash. It’s chilling image that thankfully doesn’t last for too long. “We gotta set this right, Grace,” protagonist BJ Blaskowicz says at one point. “Put the fightin’ spirit back in the American people; ignite a revolution.” That’s when all hell breaks loose and fascists start dying in a rain of blood, bullets and fire.
The trailer isn’t for the faint of heart (there’s plenty of swearing and at least one axe hitting a Nazi forehead), but after 35 years of Wolfenstein anyone surprised probably hasn’t been paying attention. When I got to play the game at E3, the section was all about making players feel vulnerable. It’s pretty clear that won’t be the case for the full game when it’s released this October 27th.
- Best baby food delivery subscription services to use for 2020
- The best smart lock for 2020: August, Schlage and more
- Verizon extends discounted internet plans through 2020
- PlayStation shares a first look at Spider-Man PS5 game
- Subaru Crosstrek gets a bigger engine and a tiny price bump for 2021
- Odd pink snow in the Alps is pretty, but it might be a red flag
- The NBA is coming back: Dates, locations, who’s sitting out and how to watch basketball’s 2020 return
- Fortnite Season 3 challenges and where to find Floating Rings at Pleasant Park
- Musk claims Tesla will have ‘basic functionality’ for Level 5 autonomy this year