Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (1-0) at No. 11 LSU Tigers (1-1)
• LSU – No. 11 Collegiate Baseball; No. 13 Baseball America
• La. Tech – unranked
• LSU Radio Network; 98.1 FM in Baton Rouge
• Live audio at www.LSUsports.net/live; Live stats at www.LSUstats.com
SEC Network +, accessible at Watch ESPN.com and the Watch ESPN app, LSUStats.com – Live Stats
SERIES RECORD VS. Louisiana Tech
LSU first met Louisiana Tech in 1902, and the Tigers lead the series, 43-19, including a 7-1 win in 2020 in Baton Rouge. LSU has won 13 of its last 14 matchups with the Bulldogs. Monday’s game will mark just the fifth meeting between the schools since 1998; however, the teams are meeting this season for the fourth year in a row and for the fifth time in six seasons.
LSU – Jr. RH AJ Labas (1-2, 3.55 ERA, 25.1 IP, 3 BB, 20 SO in 2020 season)
La. Tech – Jr. RH Ryan Jennings (transfer from Wharton JC; redshired in 2020)
Today’s LSU Starting Pitcher
Junior right-hander AJ Labas worked as the Tigers’ Game 3 weekend starter during the shortened 2020 season, posting a 1-2 mark and a 3.55 ERA in 25.1 innings with three walks and 20 strikeouts … limited opponents to a .178 batting average … suffered a hard-luck loss to Oklahoma (March 1) at Minute Maid Park in Houston after turning in a brilliant effort … Labas worked eight innings and had a no-hitter through the first seven innings, but he gave up a lead-off home run in the eighth that proved to be the difference in the 1-0 OU win … Labas retired the next three batters in the eighth after the homer and completed the eight-inning outing with no walks and seven strikeouts on 90 pitches … Labas became the first LSU pitcher to fire seven straight hitless innings since 2017, when Jared Poche’ threw a complete-game seven-inning no-hitter against Army … Labas earned his first win of the 2020 season on Feb. 23 with a quality start against Eastern Kentucky, pitching seven innings and limiting the Colonels to two runs on four hits with one walk and six strikeouts.
• LSU opened the 2021 season by splitting two games with Air Force over the weekend. LSU defeated the Falcons, 6-1, on Saturday, before Air Force posted a 6-5 win in Game 2 on Sunday.
• LSU junior right-hander Jaden Hill earned the win on Saturday, working four shutout innings and allowing three hits while recording no walks and five strikeouts. Hill fired 62 pitches in the outing.
• Freshman right-hander Garrett Edwards enjoyed an impressive collegiate debut, working one shutout inning in relief of Hill and allowing one hit with no walks and two strikeouts.
• Sophomore shortstop Zach Arnold launched his first career collegiate homer in Saturday’s win over Air Force, a two-run blast in the eighth inning that extended LSU’s lead from 4-1 to 6-1.
• Freshman Tre’ Morgan, the Tigers’ first baseman, was 3-for-5 versus Air Force with one double, three RBI, two runs and two stolen bases. Freshman rightfielder Dylan Crews is also off to a hot start, as he was 4-for-8 in the two games versus Air Force with one homer, one RBI and one run scored.
ABOUT THE BULLDOGS
Louisiana Tech opened its season Sunday by pounding Air Force, 18-1, in Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field. The Bulldogs collected 17 hits, including four home runs. Two of the homers came from second baseman Taylor Young, who was 3-for-5 with four RBI and four runs scored. Rightfielder Steele Netterville homered and drove in three runs, and leftfielder Cole McConnell homered, collected two RBI and scored four runs.
Website of source
- With Atlanta rising as a new hub for tech, early stage firm Tech Square Ventures gets a new partner – TechCrunch
- San Diego tech group targets Black male teens for STEM training – CBS News 8
- New Virginia Tech animal learning center includes outdoor arena for hands-on education – WDBJ
- Fight Between ‘Fortnite’ Creator and Apple Reels in More Tech Players – The Wall Street Journal
- The Future of Digital Work Depends On More Than Tech Skills – MIT Sloan
- Double down on epicenter stocks and avoid Big Tech, market bull Tom Lee suggests – CNBC
- Wanted: More high-tech manufacturing space for a global vaccine push – Reuters
- House begins brewing new tech antitrust laws – Axios
- 10 things in tech you need to know today – Business Insider