Jonathan Kearns has joined MISMO, the mortgage industry’s standards organization, as vice president of technology.
Under MISMO’s management by the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), Kearns will also serve as associate vice president, product development, for the MBA.
Kearns previously served on MISMO’s residential standards governance committee. He comes to the organization most recently from DocMagic Inc., which acquired eSignSystems, where he had been since 1999. He held various leadership titles through mergers and acquisitions over the past two decades, and was most recently senior vice president of technology.
The hiring of Kearns comes on the heels of a $2 million investment in MISMO by the MBA.
In his new role with MISMO, Kearns will focus on top priorities including a uniform dataset for private label mortgage-backed securities; a standardized closing instructions template; harmonized remote online notary standards; common standards to encourage business-to-consumer communications on smartphones and tablets; and appraisal and rent roll standards for commercial and multifamily lenders.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing