Earlier this year, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker was made backward compatible for the Xbox One. While it was great to be able to play a Metal Gear game on Xbox One, it was odd how the rest of the HD Collection wasn’t included. Whatever the reason was, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are now playable on Xbox One via backward compatibility.
If you happen to own the excellent Bluepoint remaster from 2011, you can insert the first disc into your Xbox One and experience some of Kojima’s finest games on your new Xbox console. There isn’t any kind of 4K patch for X owners, but just having these titles playable on a modern platform is great.
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today https://t.co/qPMRNs2ZLo pic.twitter.com/lLNW6T2PEO
— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) October 9, 2018
Major Nelson [Twitter]
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
- Hamilton on Disney Plus is bringing musical theater to a whole new audience
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
- UK reportedly looking to begin phasing out 5G Huawei gear this year
- All the best July 4th sales still happening right now
- Weekend deals: $22 drones, $6 fairy lights and a $30 AirPods Pro alternative
- Last chance to get excellent TCL 8-Series TV at lowest price ever
- The best deals from Best Buy’s July 4th sale you can still get today
- You can preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for $50 right now
- Get muscle relief with this TaoTronics massage gun for $95