I can’t believe it has been 14 years since Logitech introduced one of the most legendary gaming mice: the MX518. The only one that comes close to it would have to be Microsoft’s own IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 which I also loved, but the Logitech MX518 drove my professional Call of Duty: United Offensive days on the GameArena ladders here in Australia.
Well, Logitech has just revealed it is bringing back the MX518 gaming mouse with the same overall shape as the original mouse, but with various tweaks made to the hardware, materials used, and the buttons on the mouse. The refreshed Logitech MX518 features a 1ms response time, a HERO 16K sensor, and 8 programmable buttons that can be set to other keys, or specifically-chosen commands.
Logitech is providing more customization through its in-house Logitech Gaming Software, as well as on-the-fly adjustment buttons that are found above, and below the scroll wheel. The company is packing in some on-board memory that lets you save custom profiles onto the mouse so that you can transfer them between PCs which makes things easier.
The refreshed Logitech MX518 gaming mouse will only cost $60, with pre-orders open now, and unfortunately no ETA just yet.
- [LLODO] Albany police station attacked by anti-police rioters throwing bottles at officers
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] New York county top cop Geraldine Hart, first woman to lead the department, to step down
- [LLODO] Rams’ Aaron Donald ‘attacked’ and ‘punched’ man, broke his nose, lawyer says
- [LLODO] Killing a cat in a hit-and-run soon could become illegal in New Hampshire
- [LLODO] Fired Buffalo police officer who stopped fellow cop’s chokehold on Black suspect wins pension
- [LLODO] Missing Florida girl, 11, found at home of 22-year-old ‘boyfriend’; suspect facing child sex abuse charges
- [LLODO] Louisiana Coast Guard search: Crews yet to locate 12 missing after vessel capsizes as families hold out hope