We have experienced much success in the local technology sector and we continue to look for more ways to strengthen that ecosystem.
Southeast Missouri State University is experiencing a strong increase in declared majors in Computer Science and it is not difficult to understand why. The University’s Cyber Defense Team extended its streak as reigning Missouri state champions after winning the 2019 Missouri Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition for the seventh straight year. Then members of the group coached the newly formed Cape Central High School Junior ROTC Cyber Patriot Team to a state championship,
In the private sector, the Marquette Tech District Foundation has been awarded $750,000 in federal grant funding from the Economic Development Administration. According to the Southeast Missourian, funds will be used to grow the model of Cape Girardeau’s tech district into the Rural Delta Tech Innovation Network, in turn, supporting rural communities.
Plans are underway between the Cape Chamber and the Marquette Tech District Foundation to establish a regional Technology Council. The purpose of the council would be multi-dimensional and would include helping technology companies succeed through a proven platform of business development, talent attraction and retention, government relations, and visibility. Technology councils, and the intentional effort they represent, are economic staples in many areas focused on technology development.
We look forward to organizing this council and to the long term benefits it will bring to our region. Stay tuned for details and how you can be involved.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing