Terming Jammu and Kashmir as an integral part of India, the Congress on Friday said that the internationalisation of the Kashmir issue at the United Nations was a major “diplomatic and strategic failure” for the Indian government.
The Congress said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his government should break their silence and immediately demand the cancellation of the UN Security Council meeting as changing the law on one’s own land was an internal matter for the country.
Addressing a press conference, Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi said: “We are extremely disturbed and shocked by what we see happening in the United Nations. We view it as a matter of grave and deep concern to the entire nation, to every citizen and resident of India,” Singhvi said.
“Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh is an integral, inalienable, untouchable part of India, no other body, group, organisation, individual can assert to the contrary. This is a non-negotiable, non-discussable issue as far as India is concerned.”
“In last 65-66 years, it is for the first time that issue of Kashmir is being internationalized at UNSC,” he said.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Trump’s social media executive order faces lawsuit
- No, the 4 Series’ huge grille won’t proliferate across BMW’s lineup
- 2021 BMW 4 Series revealed with controversial grille, mild-hybrid tech
- Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition turns back time
- Blackout Tuesday: Protest against George Floyd’s death spreads far beyond music
- These cars need engine rebuilds most often
- Facebook feature lets you archive or trash old, embarassing posts
- More tech giants pledge funds, voice to fight racial injustice