Starting today morning, 2G mobile internet services have been restored in Jammu, Reasi, Samba, Kathua and Udhampur districts of the region.
In Kashmir Valley too, landline services have been restored in 17 exchanges.
Landline services in 17 exchanges of the Kashmir Valley were restored on Saturday, officials said.
Seventeen out of a little over 100 telephone exchanges were made operational. These exchanges are mainly in Civil Lines area, Cantonment area, airport of Srinagar district.
The landline services have been restored in Budgam, Sonamarg and Manigam areas of central Kashmir. In north Kashmir, the services have been restored in Gurez, Tangmarg, Uri Keran Karnah and Tangdhar areas.
In south Kashmir, the landline services have been made operational in Qazigund and Pahalgam areas.
Telephone line services, including mobile phones and landlines, were suspended in the early hours of August 5 when the Centre abrogated provisions of Article 370 that gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Latest visuals from UDHAMPUR; 2G mobile internet services have been restored in the city today. #JammuAndKashmir https://t.co/t3N49pNpYg
— ANI (@ANI) 1566019285000
Mobile internet services were suspended in Jammu on August 5, in view of security concerns in the region. The restrictions on the telecom services were continued in the wake of abrogation of Article 370.
Earlier on Friday, the government had decided to lift restrictions imposed in Jammu and Kashmir, in a phased and gradual manner.
Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary, BVR Subrahmanyam had said, “Telecom connectivity will gradually be erased and restored in a phase-wise manner keeping in mind constant threat posed by terrorist’s organizations in using mobile connectivity to organize terror actions. Prevention detentions are being continuously reviewed and an appropriate decision would be made based on law and order situation.”
Yesterday, Jammu and Kashmir governor, Satya Pal Malik, had directed all government offices to resume normal functioning.
In Video:Communication blockade eased, 2G services restored in Jammu
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing