The only white character in the live action remake of Aladdin is up for a spin-off movie, even though the star of the film apparently can’t get a job. That has the internet hopping mad at the injustice of it all.
Just days after Mena Massoud, the star of the billion-dollar grossing live-action Aladdin, complained that he has not gotten any auditions after the film, word has broken that Billy Magnussen, who played minor character Prince Anders, is being written into his own spin-off for Disney+, the company’s streaming service.
Yes, it’s a bad look. One that the internet’s keen observers have called out. See a sample of the outrage below.
- Another shield, a safer Internet for minors – OneNewsNow
- What’s the future of the internet — and society? – Technical.ly
- Astranis raises $90 million for its next-gen satellite broadband internet service – TechCrunch
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ proves the internet wrong – Houston Chronicle
- Gov. Mills: high-speed internet is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity – Knox VillageSoup – Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald
- New Report Finds Internet Users Overwhelmed by Identity Theft Worries – Yahoo Finance
- Never Mind the Internet. Here’s What’s Killing Malls. – The New York Times
- China to relax its internet restrictions for 100,000 students hit by Australia’s coronavirus travel ban – The Guardian
- Quarantine and chill? The internet is giving quarantined people a social outlet – Salon