ABILENE, Texas — Yet another internet phenomenon to add to the list, the number neighbor challenge.
The challenge is to text the phone number that follows your own. For example, if the last four digits of your cell are 2774, you would text 2775.
It is meant to spark curiosity and some rather unconventional conversation.
Afterward, users are taking to social media to show off their number neighbors.
Many are using their powers for good, but some on the other end of the line are not fans of these random messages.
If you do choose to send a message, try making it a kind one.
- The best home security camera to buy in 2020
- Galaxy Buds Live stay in my ears better than AirPods, but noise canceling needs some work
- Note 20: How do you sell a $1,000 phone during a pandemic? Samsung has a plan
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: 5 features I wish Apple would copy for the iPhone 12
- The Old Guard’s Chiwetel Ejiofor says dancing in 6-inch Kinky Boots memorably scared him
- The Galaxy Note 20 doesn’t come with headphones and that’s a good thing
- Best air fryer of 2020: Philips, Ninja, Dash, Instant, Cosori and more
- Best coffee maker for 2020: Ninja, Oxo, Bonavita, Technivorm and more
- Pixel 3A vs. Pixel 3 specs: Cameras, processor, battery and more compared