An Ohio man wanted to clean the cobwebs from his house, but instead of a broom, he decided to use a propane torch. As a result, he burned his two story house to the ground.
Fire can be very useful, but when used for the wrong purposes it can be very destructive. The same principle applies to the internet. It can be a very useful tool for researching most any topic. It can save lots of time in finding hard to locate items, sometimes at great savings. Plane tickets and rental cars can almost always be purchased cheaper over the internet.
But, if we’re not careful, the internet can rival television as our biggest time waster. When you go online, keep in mind what you are looking for and don’t get distracted by all the clever diversions.
I’m sure that Ohio man learned that using a good tool for the wrong job can have negative consequences. Don’t you make the same mistake, if you want to redeem the time.
Rick Grubbs is best known as the host of “Redeeming the Time,” a one-minute radio program featured on hundreds of radio outlets around the world. He has spoken thousands of times on Biblical time management in all 50 states and 26 other countries. He is the author of the book “Morning Momentum: God’s plan for launching an unstoppable day”. He and his wife Carrie live in Salisbury NC with several of their 12 children.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’