Shopping on Instagram has been getting bigger and bigger and Mark Zuckerberg has made it clear that enabling more commerce on Instagram is a priority for the 2019. But, the company seems to be starting with a bit of a Trojan horse in order to remove a bit of friction, and the Trojan horse is a very interesting one: donating to charities through Instagram Story stickers.
To be fair, a Donation sticker to make it easy to give money to non-profits and charities is a good thing, and Facebook’s version of the donation sticker has already raised more than $1 billion. Adding that option to Instagram should help a lot of good organizations in the long run. But, it’s important to remember the end goal of Instagram and its parent company Facebook: to make money. So, getting people to add their credit cards to donate to a charity is also a good way to make sure that card is on file if Instagram serves up a product that they might want to buy.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’