New Delhi: As many as 77% of Indian consumers in a recent survey believe that organisations collect too much data about them and 74 % were against the use of technology tools to assess their buying patterns.
A survey conducted by Verint Systems across 18 countries and 34,000 consumers highlighted how an ‘always on’ era has led to explosion of unstructured data from digital channels of customer engagement.
In India, more than 2000 consumers who have access to a digital platform took part in the research to reveal their assessment on issues like how customers perceive data privacy, their readiness to accept data breach, and use of technology to analyse customers’ buying patterns, a Verint statement said.
As per the findings, nearly 77% of the Indian respondents agreed that organisations collect too much data about them and 74% of the Indian respondents said it is “creepy” to use technology to analyse their buying patterns and preferences, the statement noted.
“Out of the 18 surveyed countries, Indian customers take lead as 73% of the respondents voted in favour of actively avoiding brands that use technology to analyse and track their buying/engagement patterns,” it added.
About 75% of the Indian customers who were surveyed agreed that service providers cannot do much to prevent data breach, but majority did not wish to engage with a brand that has experienced a data hack.
The survey however noted that Indian customers are willing to share their personal information to receive personalised services and in exchange of discounts.
Commenting on findings, Anil Chawla, managing director – Customer Engagement Solutions, Verint said “with democratisation of data, it is important for organisations to sync up their teams, processes and technology to fulfil several data privacy norms. Organisations must encourage a culture of compliance by maintaining data security, being transparent about their data collection and data management processes”.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
- [LLODO] Fan attempted to punch Mike Tyson after Roy Jones Jr. fight: report
- [LLODO] Frontrunners for Kamala Harris Senate seat praised Fidel Castro
- [LLODO] 10-year-old killed in Colorado sledding accident
- [LLODO] Pregnant mom who disappeared on Thanksgiving found dead
- [LLODO] Trump has secretly told advisers he wants to run again in 2024
- [LLODO] Snow for parts of the Great Lakes, Northeast and Ohio Valley
- [LLODO] US students fall behind in math amid pandemic school closures
- [LLODO] Seattle police arrest 4 after protesters damage businesses, residences after dark
- [LLODO] Ex-Hawaii prosecutor, police chief get prison for corruption