Final update: CenturyLink says that a cable cut was to blame for the outage, and that service has been restored. You may need to unplug and restart your router to get back online.
If you’re without your DSL connection to the Internet today, you’re not alone — certainly not in Central Iowa:
Update – 10:45 am: CenturyLink has acknowledged the problem, about an hour after the first reports of trouble:
Lots of other users have reported problems. DownDetector says the reports started around 9:48 this morning:
Update – 11:30 am: “CenturyLink technicians are working to resolve a network issue affecting broadband services for customers in the Des Moines area.”
Update – 11:35 am: The heat map showing where trouble reports have come in is growing.
Update – 11:50 am: The Internet Traffic Report is sending mixed signals. They’re showing about 15 outages across the country, but still a high-quality speed for North America overall. Seems conflicted.
Update – 12:20 pm: No new “official” updates have come in since the last report at 11:27. It’s turning into a rough day for some customers:
Update – 12:40 pm: One anonymous user on Twitter says their service has been restored in Urbandale:
A different user says she was told by telephone to expect service restoration at 10:00 pm:
Update – 1:45 pm: It’s been reported elsewhere that the outage is over. There has been no official statement to that effect on CenturyLink’s help channel, but I can confirm that service at my site has been restored. But it did take rebooting our router to get it back.
Update – 1:55 pm: CenturyLink says the problem has been resolved:
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’