Apple isn’t known for its iPhone’s battery capacities — and Huawei wants to help.
The Chinese phone maker took to the streets outside Singapore’s Apple Store to give out power banks toto be one of the first to get Apple’s newest iPhones.
The event was carried out at 11 p.m. Singapore time the night before Apple opened its doors, Huawei confirmed to CNET in an email. The reason for the friendly handout was to “offer respite from the weather and gruelling wait,” according to a representative, who added that more than 200 of the company’s 10,000 mAh Huawei Supercharge power banks were distributed.
On the cover of the power bank’s packaging is a tagline that reads, “Here’s a power bank. You’ll need it. Courtesy of Huawei.” The move comes after a Facebook post from the day before suggesting the P20 Pro has a “looong-lasting battery.”
It’s not the first time Apple has had competition from Huawei, which surpassed the iPhone maker to become the. Following event that revealed its new phones, Huawei CEO Richard Yu posted on his Weibo page: “No problem now, see you in London on Oct. 16!”
Huawei Mobile proceeded to post a series of similarly cryptic tweets:
Huawei users aren’t too happy about the stunt though, with some taking to its Facebook page to criticise the phone maker for gifting the power bank — retailing at S$98 (about $72) — to iPhone users instead of Huawei users.
Taking It to Extremes: Mix insane situations — erupting volcanoes, nuclear meltdowns, 30-foot waves — with everyday tech. Here’s what happens.
Fight the Power: Take a look at who’s transforming the way we think about energy.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’