SEARCY – Arkansas Tech scored 10 straight points over an 87-second stretch late in the fourth to break a tie and defeat Harding 91-85. It was the final home game for Harding seniors Kellie Lampo, Carissa Caples and Kennedy Cooper.
Harding fell to 6-5 overall and in the GAC. The Lady Bisons remained in second place in the GAC Eastern Division standings, one-half game ahead of Henderson State. Harding will play at Henderson State on Thursday with second place in the conference standings on the line. Tech moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. The Golden Suns will be the No. 1 seed from the GAC East.
Harding’s Jacie Evans made a layup with 4:02 left to tie the game at 73-73. Tech senior Hannah Villines made two 3-pointers as part of a 10-run to give the Golden Suns an 83-73 lead with 2:23 left.
Harding answered the run with a 6-0 spurt of its own to get within 83-79 with 1:04 left. Tech made eight free throws in the final minute to hold off Harding’s last push.
Harding’s seniors led the scoring attack. Cooper scored 21 points and had eight rebounds. Caples scored 19 points, and Lampo had 15 points and a team-high nine rebounds.
Tech had six players with 10 or more points, led by Villines with 19.
Harding had an 11-1 run in the first quarter and led 22-13 when Caples hit a jumper in the lane at the buzzer. The Lady Bisons scored five points off six Tech turnovers and made 5 of 7 from the free-throw line.
Tech pulled even with Harding at 30-30 on an Ashlei Lopez 3-pointer with 3:11 left. The Lady Bisons answered with a 12-2 run before Tech’s Jayana Sanders hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to cut Harding’s lead to 42-35.
Tech shot 46% in the first half, but the Lady Bisons outscored the Golden Suns 11-3 at the free-throw line.
Cooper had 13 points and seven rebounds in the half. Lopez had 12 for Tech.
Tech took the lead twice in the third quarter, but Caples scored the last four points of the quarter, including a layup at the buzzer to give the Lady Bisons a 62-59 lead entering the fourth.
Website of source
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com