Next month at the Game Developers Conference, Google is going to be hosting a keynote but the company isn’t saying what they will announce. The company has previously shown off its work in creating a game-streaming platform and this could be the first public trial of the new platform.
But it does look like they have a lot more to announce than just a possible streaming service. The keynote is kicking off at 10:00 AM on March 19th followed by three sessions to learn more about the products.
On the description page, Google makes it clear that they are preparing to release a new product or service as two of the sessions are being called pre-launch best practices, and strategies to improve performance post-launch. This likely means that Google knows when the service will launch and considering they are already talking about post-launch optimization, it would appear that it’s not too far off.
What I expect to see is how Google plans to move head-first into the game-streaming market. The popularity of Twitch continues to grow and Google is in a good position to build its own platform to compete in this segment. Of course, Google and Amazon are far from the only companies looking to grow in this area, Microsoft has its xCloud platform and Apple is rumored to be building out a similar service as well.
With the HoloLens 2 event happening this weekend and GDC happening in the middle of next month, the technology news cycle is about to get a big shot of adrenaline as we head towards Apple, Google, and Microsoft’s developer conferences that take place in the spring.
Tagged with Gaming, Google
- [LLODO] Capitol riot: Police officer won’t face charges in fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt, prosecutors say
- [LLODO] Former California Democratic mayor charged with multiple sex crimes against child
- [LLODO] California school district to vote on whether high-speed broadband is a human right
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Former Minnesota cop Kim Potter charged with second-degree murder in Daunte Wright shooting
- [LLODO] Andrew Yang, NYC mayoral hopeful, heckled at Daunte Wright protest: ‘We don’t want you here’
- [LLODO] Suspect swipes CBS News van in NYC, goes on dangerous joyride
- [LLODO] Delaware ex-day care worker pleads guilty to murder for suffocating 4-month old, abusing others
- [LLODO] 4 suspected MS-13 gang members stopped after NYC police see them lugging blanket-wrapped body to car: sources