Google published its first batch of unedited photos and videos taken with the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, showing what consumers can expect from its latest Android-powered flagships in terms of imaging capabilities. The company’s collection was uploaded to Google Photos and can be accessed by referring to the banner below, with some of the more impressive shots being available for viewing in the gallery at the bottom in a mobile-friendly (compressed) format.
The images and videos shared by Google were unsurprisingly hand-picked to represent the best of what the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL can offer on the imaging front, with the collection entailing a wide variety of shots ranging from landscape photos and portraits to action imagery and somewhat random photos. The Google Photos collection was originally shared by Google Camera Product Manager Isaac Reynolds and suggests that the Pixel 2-series devices offer a wide dynamic range and can preserve details in virtually all lighting circumstances, in addition to relying on what seem to be extremely accurate white balance adjustment algorithms.
While Google opted to stick with a single-lens imaging system and not adopt a dual-camera setup for its new Android flagships, the company still claims it managed to deliver the best mobile camera in the world. The rear panel of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL accommodates a 12.2-megapixel sensor with a pixel size of 1.4µm and support for both electronic and optical image stabilization, with the latter technology being a new addition to the Pixel lineup. Laser and phase detection autofocus systems are also part of the package, as is a dual-LED flash unit. While the camera hardware implemented into the two handsets may not seem to be of the cutting-edge variety on paper, Google claims its advanced software is using it to its full potential, indicating that mobile photography enthusiasts will find no better imaging tool this holiday season. The #TeamPixel initiative dedicated to showcasing the recording capabilities of the Pixel devices just recently celebrated its first anniversary and is expected to gain additional traction over the coming months, with Google recently suggesting that it may hold some photography competitions for Pixel 2 owners in the near future.
Google Pixel 2 Sample Photography
- [LLODO] Biden State Department creates ‘diversity and inclusion’ position
- [LLODO] Connecticut girls lose support from Biden administration in transgender athlete case
- [LLODO] High school track athlete ‘disappointed’ after Biden DOJ drops support of challenge to transgender policy
- [LLODO] Arkansas cops arrest man for abducting baby from scene of triple homicide
- [LLODO] Cuomo, facing sexual harassment allegations, once called for Brett Kavanaugh to take lie detector test
- [LLODO] New York Democrat calls for investigation into allegations against Cuomo
- [LLODO] Andrew Cuomo accused of sexual harassment; leading liberal women refuse comment
- [LLODO] HHS must investigate alleged Cuomo nursing home deaths cover-up, House Republican urges