Amazon and Whole Foods Market have Thanksgiving turkey deals. (Photo: Business Wire)
When’s the best time to leave on your Thanksgiving road trip? When are movie theaters, grocery stores, liquor stores, shopping malls, and bakeries most crowded during the week? What can you do to avoid getting stuck in holiday traffic?
Google analyzed 2017 data from Google Maps to help you manage the rush in 2018, and provide insight into the places you and your neighbors visit, when you visit them, and when to get on (or stay off) the road.
Google’s “chief traffic avoider” at Google Maps, Genevieve Park blogged: “Getting to Thanksgiving dinner is always an adventure—but an understanding of Google Maps traffic patterns can help make your ride more predictable.”
Some of the data won’t come as much of a surprise: The day before Thanksgiving between 3PM and 4PM is the worst time to hit the road, but traffic clears up significantly by 6AM on Thanksgiving morning. You’ll also want to avoid the rush again on Friday or Sunday afternoon; suffice it to say, far fewer cars are on the road in the morning.
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- [LLODO] Utah deputies shot in the head during shootout outside jail
- [LLODO] Severe storm damages buildings in Florida Panhandle
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother arrested after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] New Hampshire track coach fired for refusing to make athletes wear masks speaks out on ‘Tucker’
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s ‘New York Tough’ slogan seems mocked as ‘NY Touch’ in light display
- [LLODO] 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes