At Microsoft’s X018 conference, the company announced the first big expansion for Forza Horizon 4. The DLC is called Fortune Island, and it’s set to launch on December 13. It keeps you racing through the UK but takes you to some northern British Isles with particularly craggy mountainsides and dangerous weather like lightning storms. The new setting isn’t without its peaceful charms, though, as you’ll be able to witness the aurora borealis.
Naturally, Fortune Island will come alongside a new set of cars to drive as well. The game has already started rolling out the five custom-built Ford vehicles from the GymkhanaTEN video series. Car Pass members can already grab the 1977 Ford GymkhanaTEN, F-150 Hoonitruck, and the 1993 Ford Escort Cosworth Group A. Later this month they can also get the 1965 Ford Hoonicorn Mustang V2 and the 2017 Ford Fiesta RS, followed by the 2016 Ford GymkhanaTEN Focus RS RX in December.
Fortune Island is part of the expansions bundle for $35, which is available for Ultimate Edition owners at no additional cost. If you’re a Game Pass subscriber, you’ve already gotten access to Forza Horizon 4 as part of your subscription, and you can get the expansions as a bundle or individually for 10% off.
Setting the expansion in the rocky north should prove a challenge for experienced racers, especially given the game’s marquee feature of changing seasons. GameSpot’s Forza Horizon 4 review found the seasons had a real impact on gameplay, and contributed to a diversity of race types.
“Everything you do in Horizon feels valuable, no matter how big or small–from the basic thrills of speeding a fast car down a gorgeous mountain highway to spending time tinkering with your favorite ride to manage seasonal road conditions to just hanging out with friends and strangers online and goofing off in friendly games,” said critic Edmond Tran. “The charm of the Horizon series is as palpable as ever, a winning, all-inclusive recipe that celebrates the joy of driving above all else.”
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’