Epic Games has release Fortnite update 6.22 and detailed the contents of the latest update. As teased previously, the major new addition in an assault rifle called the “Heavy AR,” but there’s also two new Limited-Time Modes. The first, called Team Terror., features “two teams [battling] it out while Cube Monsters add to the fun.”
The second Limited-Time Mode is called “Blitz” and is described as “a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale.”
You can check out the patch notes for the Fortnite: Battle Royale below. Head to the Fortnite website to see what’s new with the Save the World mode.
Limited-Time Event: Team Terror
Monsters have invadsed the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited-Time Event: Blitz!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
Weapons + Items
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
Epic Games also recently announced a partnership with the NFL to bring football skins to Fortnite. These will be based on real-world jerseys, and they’re set to arrive later this week, following this new update. The outfits will be available for purchase from Fortnite’s in-game store, but Epic hasn’t announced pricing details yet. All 32 NFL teams will be represented, and Epic says you’ll also be able to customize your jersey with any number from 0-99. The skins will be available in the store beginning at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET.
- Coronavirus Halts ESO’s Science Operations – Forbes
- Society’s dependence on the internet: 5 cyber issues the coronavirus lays bare – GCN.com
- Online Education That Fits Each Child – The Wall Street Journal
- COVID-19 exposes Maine’s need for more robust internet infrastructure – The Maine Campus
- Virus puts Fayette sex education textbook choices on hold – The Citizen.com
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- As coronavirus cases surge across the U.S., the internet has one word for this image of a crowded beach: Florida – MarketWatch
- EARN IT Act Calls Internet Content Moderation Into Question – The Regulatory Review
- Internet Censorship During COVID-19 Is Threat To Cryptocurrencies And Liberty – Forbes