Originally scheduled for Halloween, the update will now arrive on November 1st.
Planning to spend Halloween with some Fortnite, indulging in the latest 6.21 update? Unfortunately, Epic Games has delayed the update from October 31st to November 1st. Citing a “last minute issue” discovered in the build, Epic decided to postpone the update. Instead of maintenance taking place today, you can expect it to happen tomorrow.
While the contents for the update are unknown, there’s plenty already going down with Fortnite. The Halloween-themed Fortnitemares event is currently live and will be available till November 26th. It brings a new PvEvP mode which sees players battling Cube Monsters with new weapons like the Six Shooter and Fiend Hunter Crossbow. Of course, you also have to deal with other players.
Despite issues like the above, Fortnite continues to be a massive success. It might have fallen behind Destiny 2 in terms of console digital sales in September 2018 but it’s installed on “nearly half” of all Switch consoles as per Nintendo. There’s also the immense revenue that the title continues to rake in across all platforms, particularly mobile.
Due to a last minute issue discovered within the v6.21 build, we’ve delayed its release until Thursday, November 1.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) October 30, 2018
- [LLODO] Ohio teen dies, another is partially paralyzed after sledding crashes on same hill
- [LLODO] Virginia Commonwealth University fraternity suspended after freshman student found dead
- [LLODO] California announces school reopening deal, offers $6.6B to districts that open by this date
- [LLODO] George Floyd case: Minneapolis won’t pay social media influencers during Derek Chauvin trial after backlash
- [LLODO] Giroir says states causing ‘irreparable harm’ to kids with ongoing school closures
- [LLODO] ‘TikTok Doc,’ former employer hit with $45M sexual assault, harassment suit
- [LLODO] California’s infamous ‘I-5 Strangler’ Roger Kibbe found dead in prison cell
- [LLODO] Andrew Cuomo accuser lashes out at ‘predatory’ Gov over his supposed apology
- [LLODO] Lindsey Boylan says she feels ‘sick’ as third woman details harassment claims against Cuomo